Tuesday, March 3, 2009

To sled or not to sled






Another snow day. Well, that's ok. Hummm.. What to do with the kiddies?? I cannot spend endless hours on the computer trying to edit my blog layout to add the perfect music. At least, I cannot spend another hour doing this. The kids want to go to the only hill within miles of us to go sledding. Sounds great right!! Problem! It is cooold. 14 degrees. I am a wimp when it comes to cold.






My kids do not feel cold. A 50 degree day is perfect weather to get in the water for these kids. The other day I posted pictures of some of my brood in our backyard in the creek. They went out to play and I watched them inch closer and closer to the water's edge. They could not resist. I snuck-up on them and caught them with my camera. Then Caroline decided to get a picture of me, "the fun sucker" making them take their blue toes out of the water in February. I am sooo mean! Caroline gave me this name last summer. She said that I just always "suck the fun out of everything. You are a funsucker." And everyone thought it was sooo funny that the name stuck. Well, I say someone has to be the grown up around here! I tell Caroline not to worry, one day in about 30 years she will get to be the funsucker as well. Ohh the power! She is sure that will never happen. We'll see!

To sled or not to sled. What to do....

2 comments:

  1. I too am a funsucker..my poor kids don't get much winter fun..I didn't take them sledding once...luckily they can go outside in our backyard and sled happily alone withouth the funsucker. Poor little blue toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a while since you posted anything Michelle. I hope that everything is fine for you and your lovely family.

    Regards,

    Khaled

    ReplyDelete